If you find any of your images online at a web site where the web site owner or administrator is clearly violating the terms and conditions of the license and not removing your content, use the template below to make a proper claim for copyright infringement to the web hosting company.
Fill out the template (marked in RED) and send it to the web hosting company. They will investigate the matter and usually quickly remove the content as soon as a violation has been confirmed.
P.S. I’m not an attorney and this information is not intended to be interpreted as legal advice. This article is supposed to be helpful to you in order to protect your copyright. Always consult an attorney to get professional advice!
To Whom It May Concern: This letter serves as a formal Notice of Infringement as authorized in § 512(c) of the U.S. Copyright Law. I wish to report an instance of what I believe is an apparent illustration of Copyright Infringement. The infringing material in question appears on the Service for which you are the designated agent, registrar, or registrant.
1. The original material, published by me and found to be posted in an unauthorized manner, is the following:
Blog Post titled [Post Title];
Published by [Author’s Full Name] (you also may indicate any “pen name” that you use on the blog for further verification purposes);
Published on [Original Publish Date];
Located at [Full URL of the Specific Article – must be complete]
2. The unauthorized material appears at the following URL:
[Full URL of the specific post/article/page containing the infringing content] on the domain [Full URL of the primary domain]
3. My contact information is as follows:
[City], [State] [Zip Code]
4. I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).
5. I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
Please advise me, as soon as possible, as to the action (if any) that will be taken, within what time frame, and to what extent said action may be taken. I appreciate your audience and cooperation in this matter.
[Your Valid Signature]
[Your Full Name]